Fennec Okyere and Kwaw KeseĀ
Rapper Kwaw Kese has appealed to the police to reopen investigations into the 2014 murder of his former manager, Fennec Okyere.
In an interview on Hitz FM on February 16, 2026, the rapper disclosed that the last information he received from the police indicated that the case had been closed.
āThe police said they have even closed the case. The last time, that was what I heard. I am hoping they bring it back because an investigation should never die. They should investigate because itās death,ā he said.
Fennec Okyere, Chief Executive Officer of Madtime Entertainment, was killed on March 13, 2014, after unidentified assailants reportedly broke into his Manet residence and attacked him. The incident sent shockwaves through Ghanaās entertainment industry. Nearly twelve years later, no one has been convicted in connection with the crime.
The case previously led to the arrest of artiste manager Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson, popularly known as Bullgod, by the Homicide Unit of the Police Criminal Investigative Department. At the time, then CID Public Relations Officer, DSP Joseph Darkwah alleged that the suspect had made threats against the deceased. However, the prosecution was discontinued after the Attorney-General Gloria Akuffo announced that the state would no longer pursue the matter.
Kwaw Kese maintains that cases involving loss of life must not be abandoned and is calling on authorities to reconsider the decision. For the rapper and many others in the industry, justice for Fennec Okyere remains unresolved.
