The Convention People’s Party (CPP) has announced the establishment of an interim committee to oversee the affairs of the party following the dismissal of the National Executives.
The decision was made during a meeting of the National Executive Council on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, at the GNAT Hall in Kumasi.
In order to ensure the effective functioning of the party during this transitional period, an Interim Council has been formed to handle its affairs until a new leadership is elected. The Interim Council is comprised of various CPP regional chairpersons and other prominent party members.
The members of the Interim Council are as follows:
1. Comrade Ali Adamu (Bono East Regional Chairman)
2. Comrade Emmanuel Gallo (Ashanti Regional Chairman)
3. Comrade Semefa Mawutor (Eastern Regional Chairman)
4. Comrade Opare Addo (Greater Accra Regional Chairman)
5. Comrade Lawyer Kwame Nkrumah Botsio (Secretary to the Interim Council)
6. Comrade Alhaji Issah (Council of Elders)
7. Comrade Akwasi Bosompem Boateng (Communication Secretary)
8. Comrade Eben Agbenya
9. Comrade Issah Abdul Salam
10. Comrade Ebenezer Tetteh
11. Mariam Munkaila Futah
12. Comrade Kosi Dedey
Additionally, three former national organizers have been co-opted to support the Interim Council.
They are Comrade Yirimambo Moses Ambing, Comrade Hajia Aisha Futah, and Comrade Osei Kofi Acquah.
The decision to remove the entire National Leadership of the CPP was approved by the National Executive Council. A motion was moved by the Former National Organiser and seconded by the National Youth Organiser, calling for the leaders to step aside. As a result, the tenure of the National Chairperson and leader, Nana Frimpomaa Sarpong Kumankuma, the General Secretary, Nana Yaa Jantuah, and the entire National Leadership has been terminated.
By Vincent Kubi