Abusuapanin Kofi Owusu and Papa Shee
An Accra High Court has granted the family of late Highlife icon, Daddy Lumba, permission to file an injunction to stop a planned “second funeral” in his honour.
The application was brought by the Lumba family, led by Abusuapanin Kofi Owusu, against Evangelist Papa Shee, Akosua Serwaa and others said to be organising the event.
The development was confirmed by lawyer Dominic Kwadwo Osei of Baba Jamal & Associates in earlier media reports during the weekend.
He said the family intends to file the substantive application for the injunction next week.
“The court granted us leave to file the necessary processes for an application for an injunction. The reasons will be fully itemised in our application next week,” he stated.
Papa Shee had earlier announced a two-day Celebration of Life event slated for March 28 and 29. This follows the main funeral held on December 13, 2025, organised by the Abusuapanin.
Dominic Kwadwo Osei added that the legal team would do its utmost to convince the court to grant the injunction, stressing that the final decision rests with the court.
