The Art of Leadership
Traits are attributes and characteristics of a person. A person’s traits can go a long way to define him. It is the positive traits in someone’s personality that cause him to break out of the unfruitful, unproductive and non-prosperous zones. Faith is an important positive trait that helps a leader to be fruitful and productive. Faith is a firm belief in something for which there is no proof. Faith is also a belief in God.
Some Lessons On Faith
- Faith is a trait that will cause you to overcome big problems and obstacles. “For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this MOUNTAIN, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith” (Mark 11:23).
The Bible says that people who have faith are able to move mountains. A mountain is a big problem. To move a mountain around and advance, you will need the positive trait of faith. Great achievements are usually great victories over insurmountable challenges.
- Faith is the personal trait that causes an individual to have a good report. “For by faith the elders obtained a good report” (Hebrews 11:2).
To have a good report that you are experiencing abundance, you need to be a little wiser than the average person. You will need to see the correlation between positive traits and prosperity that bring a good testimony. The Bible teaches us that good reports were given to men of faith. Good things are usually said about positive faith-filled people who believed in a vision before it became a reality. You always remember the people who believed in you before things worked out. There are people who come along but never believe in you or in your vision. Such people will not have a good report. A good report is for those who believe when there is nothing to see. A good report is given to men of faith.
- Faith is the personal trait that makes a person victorious. “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4).
Victory is given to men of faith. Without faith you will never be victorious. The victory that you need will be provided through your faith in God. Do you want to have victory over your issues? Are you wondering how to overcome? Have faith in God! By faith, you can overcome! By faith you can move that mountain of a problem.
- Faith is the personal trait that makes a person a visionary. “By faith he forsook Egypt not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured as SEEING HIM WHO IS INVISIBLE” (Hebrews 11:27). A visionary is someone who can see the future. He can see how it is going to work out.
Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Without faith you cannot visualise or imagine a good outcome and a good future. Without faith you will be full of complaints, murmuring and grumblings. You will never see the great possibilities of what God can do for you. All your calculations will be based on “here and now” because you cannot see the invisible. Moses was a great man of faith. He endured and was successful because he saw the invisible.
- Faith is the personal trait that makes a person no longer a fool. “The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God…” (Psalm 14:1).
A fool says there is no God. Having faith in God catapults you out of foolishness into wisdom, and wisdom is crucial to being a leader. It is a great blessing to have faith in God. Do not feel ashamed about your faith in God. According to the Bible, your faith in God shows that you are not a fool.
- Faith is the personal trait that pleases God the most. “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). Somehow, without faith it is impossible to make God happy with you. You need to be positive, you need to think correctly and you need to expect positive things if you are to please God.
Indeed, it is worth praying for our leaders to have and work with this positive trait called faith! Faith helps you to make progress. Faith gives you confidence in things that are yet to come to pass. Faith makes it possible for you to make great strides in life and to succeed in your aims and goals. As you maintain your aims, may you have faith to see the goals accomplished!
By Dag Heward-Mills